Monday, August 18, 2008

Residence Permit Issues Continue

So the registration period on my records in Maastricht have been changed.

Dear Adelina

I checked the on-line form and printed PDF, and it was indicated that she would be here for two semesters…. So that is how she got registered for a whole year, not one semester. Seeing as this was not the intention we will have the registration changed. Note that the semester runs officially from 1 September to 23 January 2009, and these will be the dates on the enrolment certificate and for the residence permit.

But apparently their official semester is until January 23 mean I still need to send more money (374 Euros).

Dear Adelina,

We have contacted your faculty and they confirm that you are registered from 1-9-2008 until 23-1-2009. This means, however, that you have to prove €3875 (5 x €775). Since you have only transferred €3501, you still need to transfer an amount of €374 to complete your application.

GAHHH! When will this END?! I had originally sent them an email asking exactly how many Euros I needed to send and they had said 3100 Euros.

Dear Adelina,

You will have to deposit 3100 Euro if you are staying form September till December (four months). There is no specific deadline for transferring the deposit but we do advise you to do this as soon as possible.

Now they're saying another number! It's ridiculous! I'll need to spend extra money to send more money for a time period that I'm not even going to be in the country for! This exchange is giving me a serious headache. I'm so fed up.

0 comments: