Friday, August 15, 2008

At My Wits End with the Visa Office!

I am SO frustrated by the Visa Office in Maastricht (and the university itself too...). I finally was able to send my money over there a couple days ago. This morning, I woke up to this email.

Dear Adie,

We hereby confirm that we have received the correct and complete documents and payments for the residence permit application. Please refer to the enclosure for information on the further residence permit process and additional procedures.

Please inform us as soon as possible when you will arrive in the Netherlands so we can then schedule you for a meeting to complete the residence permit application.

Kind regards

Everything is good. They got the money, they knew that I sent it. That was a good sign. Then, seven minutes later, this comes in:

Dear Adie,

Unfortunately we have just sent you the wrong email. While looking at your registration period we discovered that you will be registered as a student from 1-9-2008 until 10-7-2009. This is over 10 months, so you will have to prove that you have at least 7982.50 Euro.

You have only transferred 3501 Euro. Can you please transfer the rest of the amount to our account?

Kind regards
WHAT?!?!?! No way! So I emailed the exchange coordinator at UVic and she is going to look into it. Hopefully things will work out. I'm only going to be there from Sept to Dec, 4 months, so 3100 Euros. I had talked to others and that was what they were sending or have already sent. I am SO frustrated with them!

0 comments: