Friday, December 12, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is YOU!

So classes have more or less ended and people are studying and preparing to head home.  This past Wednesday evening, my corridor gathered together (25 of us!! so hard to coordinate) for an evening of world dining and gift exchange.  There are a lot of nationalities in my corridor ranging from German to Columbian to Italian to Australian.  So each of us was responsible for making a dish that was representative of our nationality.  I had no clue what to make - what's typical Canadian food?!  Maple syrup?  I didn't have any.  I decided to make something Chinese...  I've run out of rice and I don't want to buy another bag so close to leaving so that takes fried rice out (which is what I typically make for potlucks).  But I had a huge bag of rice noodles (米粉) left.  I've never fried them before, only had them in soup, so the experimentation began and the results were pretty good.  It tasted okay, but the others loved it.  Apparently Chinese food is a huge hit, half the table didn't get any.  I'm going to make it again tomorrow for dinner (I still have half the package of noodles left anyway).


My noodles!

Here is some of what the others made:

Making Knödel- potato dumpling stuffed with meat (German)

 

Tuna stuffed eggs appetizer (Spanish)


Elaborate salad (Italian) and some wrap appetizers (American)


Cheese fonduee~


Our dinner table!  So much foood~

And of course - dessert!  We had Panettone (Italian cake that is only available during the holidays) with Marscapone.  There was also some Portuguese desserts (I forgot their names) but I was way toooo full to eat it.  Someone was handing out homemade Brazilian chocolates and those were ridiculously good. 

And then came presents time! 

... and with it, the stupidness started...

C4.10!  Best corridor ever!

0 comments: