Tuesday, September 2, 2008

YUM! FOOD!

I've been doing a lot of eating lately (and no exercise >< unless you count walking...). On Saturday I went to Dutch buffet. They had underestimated the number of people they had sold tickets to and there wasn't enough room in the restaurant and definitely not enough food. By the time I got to the table, there wasn't too much interesting stuff left.

What my plate looked like

It just seemed like typical western food. It was pretty good, but wasn't all that different. The kebab on the upper left corner was the most interesting (I think). It was covered in a peanut like sauce. My mom had told me that Indonesian food is really popular here. I have definitely noticed in the grocery store that the food sold is very heavily influenced by Indonesia (I see lots of Nasi Goreng pre-made.)

On Sunday, I headed to the food festival (Preuvenemint in Dutch) in the main square. There were lots of musical entertainment and tents serving food and beer. To try the food you need to buy tickets.

Front of my ticket

These tickets can be exchanged for food depending on the stall's "price" list. There was a wide range of food available from sushi to Korean to Dutch food. I really wanted a sausage as I was unable to try one at the buffet. The only place was this:


I ended up getting a Grillwurst which just looked like a hot dog to me. It was served in a bun with lettuce and some mayo. It definitely did not taste like a hot dog. It was really juicy =)

0 comments: